Our purpose and mission
the guiding core of our endeavours & service
The residents of Liberation Park are dedicated to realizing the middle way of freedom from dukkha. Consequently, we share our Dhammic and other resources for those travelling the path of awakening and liberation.
For dedicated students and practitioners of the Buddha's Way we offer:
- Instruction & guidance in anapanasati, mindfulness with breathing, the Buddha's original system of meditation, mindfulness training, unification of mind, and insight (vipassana).
- An understanding of Dhamma grounded in the Buddha's discourses (suttas) for purposes of study, reflection, inquiry, and guiding ones path of liberation from dukkha.
- Support for living out the values & ethics advocated by the Buddha, such as simplicity, non-harming, kindness, care, & thoughtfulness.
- 1-on-1 interactions with Santikaro, a close student of Buddhadasa Bhikkhu and devotee of Buddhayana (core early Buddha-Dhamma).
- Beautiful, quiet valley to nurture the above naturally.
- Dhammic friendship in challenging dukkha (distress, suffering) and
awakening into true liberation in this life.
We live out this mission at Liberation Park, in cooperation with a network of Sanghas throughout the Upper Midwest, and at retreat centers in other parts of the country & world.