for Retreatants & Dhamma Students
we offer these resources & supports
- Quiet, simple retreat accommodations (currently, 1 hermitage, 2 canvas cabins, guest room in the Guest House, and a small cottage near the Guest House).
- Personalized, one-on-one accompaniment for your retreat (with Santikaro). Guidance is available especially for systematic practice of mindfulness with breathing, other mindfulness & vipassana practices, heart practices (kindness, compassion, forgiveness, gratitude, appreciation), and Dhamma inquiry in all postures.
- Woods, fields, creek, & wildlife to surround you with Dhamma.
- Connection with the style & teaching of Suan Mokkh & Ajahn Buddhadasa.
- Rough Simplicity: "Eating from a cat's bowl, sleeping in a hut, bathing outdoors, listening to nature sing" (adapted from Ajahn Buddhadasa)
- Good library of Dhamma books, meditation resources, and translations from Pali suttas, whether for supporting meditation practice or deepening study of Buddha-Dhamma. To be unpacked when library is ready.
- Support for Dhamma study, especially the Pali suttas, with a knowledgeable student of the early teachings.
- Opportunity to unplug technologically.
- Refuge from a social-economic system whose values have gone off-the-rails.
- Cooking facilities in the Guest House kitchen.
- Dhamma friendship.